Thursday 14 May 2015

Student Showcase - May 2015

POETRY FROM MME CLOUTHIER'S CLASS

Night Noise
By: M.Z.

Tweet!
Zip!
Zap!
Go Lauren’s games.
Bing!
Bong!
Pow!
Goes my mom’s phone.
Boom!
Screech!
Scratch!
Goes my brother, playing hockey.
Grumble,
Huh?
Darn!
Goes my dad as he lifts his head from his papers.
Shh!
Eu!
Zzz!
I pull the covers over my head,
Moving around my bed to cut out the sound.
Tweet, zip, zap!
‘Oh, Lauren,’ I mumble.
Bing, Bong, Pow!
Shush, mommy
Boom, screech, scratch
Kippy!
Grumble, huh, darn!
Be quiet daddy.
I can’t take it anymore.
‘STOP!’
I scream.

That Horrible Night
By: K.F.

Game 7
Eastern Conference Finals
Blue and white
Meet yellow and black
Marching closer on the icy battlefield

The crowd's roar, like canon fire
Carlyle’s troops were reining triumphantly until the last ten minutes
4-1 Toronto

Nathan Horton with a harpooning goal
4-2
Milan Lucic bombed us down
4-3
Patrice Bergeron sniped us with a momentum changer of his own
4-4
The crowd booming down like air support

My friends and I are staring at the TV in awe
Time to bring out the cavalry
The clock winding down
Riemer coughed up the flag
And that was it
Bergeron struck again
The only thing left were the fallen soldiers.

Things That Make Me Smile
By: A.Z.

Things that make me smile
Keep me going all the while
A person who stops to talk
To the homeless as they walk
The kid who goes to play
With the loner every day
The teen who takes the time
To help a woman in decline
Any kindness every day
Makes you happy all the way

Seventy Salamanders
By: P.E.

We, the seventy salamanders
Sailed through the city
As snakes snuck up on us
As silent as spiders.
As scared as sea turtles
And silent as sneakers,
We started to sprint.
Spinning and sprinting
       Away                                        from snakes
Slithering in the city
Looking to hide.
Like snow leopards saying
“Shitake mushrooms!”
We are slobbered by the snakes
Will we live or not?

I Was There
By: F.

When the fire left the guns
I was there.
When foe and friend fell to the ground like
Bowling pins
I was there.
When the Jerry’s toxic gas swirled around us like smoke
I was there.
Those days are long behind me
But I still remember clearly…
The droning of the albatross
The blazing of the machine guns
The screech of the wounded and dying.
Since then, I haven’t seen…
A bomb
A gun
Or the wounded
But it still scares me to this day
For I was there.